Welcome to the Ankeny Boy Scouts Troop 73 website! chartered by Ankeny Be Prepared, a non-profit organization with one goal- to support the scouting movement. Troop meetings are held Monday’s at 7:00PM at the Vittoria Lodge (7200 NW 2nd Ave, Ankeny). We are an active Boy Scout Troop with monthly overnight camping trips, yearly summer camp trips, and opportunities for High Adventures.
If you are a young man looking for an exciting outdoor adventure, Troop 73 is your place!
Check us out on Facebook!
Troop 73’s Mission Statement:
To administer an exciting, fun, safe program for boys, designed by boys, and led by boys. To explore the outdoors while giving them the opportunity to lead and learn from both positive and negative experiences.
Troop 73’s 2017/2018 Camp Out Plan:
Month Location and Plan
- September Hobbit Holes Rockford Fossil Park
- October Backbone, Caves and Hiking
- November Foster Acres Shelter Building Survival Camp out
- December Skyzone
- January Klondike
- February Climb Iowa
- March SAC Museum
- April McFarland Park/Mountain biking
- May Jeeping
- June Summer Camp
- July Mitigwa/Games,Capture The Flag,team building etc.
- August Upper Iowa River – Canoe/Kayak/Tube
Troop 73 Eagle Scouts
- Steven Vlahakis – January 22nd, 2018
- Bryce Campbell – August 14th, 2017
- Nick Cory – January 30th, 2017
- Noah Wright – December 5th, 2016
- Luke Turczynski – June 20th, 2016
- Ryan Gaumer – February 29th, 2016
- David Bunce – August 8, 2014
- Michael Longnecker – July 21, 2014
- Jacob Hunzelman – June 30, 2014
- Peyton Gaumer – September 9, 2013
- Patrick Fiedler – September 9, 2013
- John Martin – July 26, 2010 – 2nd Bronze Palm
- Alex Geren – April 20, 2010
- Scott Martin – April 28, 2008 – 2nd Bronze Palm