Boy Scouts of America’s Troop 73 is located in Ankeny, Iowa and is chartered by Ankeny Be Prepared. Troop 73 is a member of the Hawk Eye District in the Mid-Iowa Council. Troop meetings are held Monday’s at 7:00PM at the Vittoria Lodge (7200 NW 2nd Ave, Ankeny), with monthly overnight camping trips.
If you are a young man looking for an exciting outdoor adventure, Troop 73 is your place!
Troop 73’s Mission Statement:
To administer an exciting, fun, safe program for boys, designed by boys, and led by boys. To explore the outdoors while giving them the opportunity to lead and learn from both positive and negative experiences.
Troop 73’s 2017/2018 Camp Out Plan:
Month Location and Plan
- September Hobbit Holes Rockford Fossil Park
- October Backbone, Caves and Hiking
- November Foster Acres Shelter Building Survival Camp out
- December Skyzone
- January Klondike
- February Climb Iowa
- March SAC Museum
- April McFarland Park/Mountain biking
- May Jeeping
- June Summer Camp
- July Mitigwa/Games,Capture The Flag,team building etc.
- August Upper Iowa River – Canoe/Kayak/Tube
Troop 73 Eagle Scouts
- Scott Martin – April 28, 2008 – 2nd Bronze Palm
- Alex Geren – April 20, 2010
- John Martin – July 26, 2010 – 2nd Bronze Palm
- Patrick Fiedler – September 9, 2013
- Peyton Gaumer – September 9, 2013
- Jacob Hunzelman – June 30, 2014
- Michael Longnecker – July 21, 2014
- David Bunce – August 8, 2014
- Ryan Gaumer – February 29th, 2016
- Luke Turczynski – June 20th, 2016
- Noah Wright – December 5th, 2016
- Nick Cory – January 30th, 2017